Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I hope you can help

I just bought this car and on startup especially when cold I cannot use the volume on the radio. When I try to change it it either goes really loud or very quiet. When the car is warm is seems to be better.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello m8, yes m8 i had same thing with my audi concert radio. Had to put aftermarket radio in m8. surrposedly you can take it to a radio shop and the can mess around with it for a while!!! Best bet is to get a aftermarket radio fitted m8.

JPKA3

·
Registered
1 Posts
yeah i had same thing with my concert system when i bought the car, only coped with it 2 days before putting my aftermarket one in i took out of my previous car. only prob is my back speakers are so quiet now compared to front and sub doesnt work

·
Registered
1 Posts
Knwon problem

Hi Guys, this is a well known problem with the standard radio (Chorus, I think).

The root cause is supposedly the the EEPROM chip used to store the volume details etc fails with time. The chip can be replaced.

I had the same problem on an 2000 A3 I bought 4 years ago, I had the chip replaced by the used car dealer under warranty and its been a dream since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts