Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just bought an Audi 1.8 SE, seems a great car, one thing I have noticed is when you accelarate the engine makes a fizzing noise, is this normal? as this is the A3 I've driven. When I rev the engine in neutral standing still this noise doesn't seem to present itself. I've driven it with other people present and they think that it is nothing to be concerned about.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Iv got the same thing on my Audi a3 1.8 SE, i think it is a combination of the injection and the air induction? Not positive on this though.

Tony

Originally posted by acalladine@Aug 22 2004, 06:06 PM
Hi all,

Just bought an Audi 1.8 SE, seems a great car, one thing I have noticed is when you accelarate the engine makes a fizzing noise, is this normal? as this is the A3 I've driven. When I rev the engine in neutral standing still this noise doesn't seem to present itself. I've driven it with other people present and they think that it is nothing to be concerned about.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tony

Not sure whether this is anything to be concerned about or whether it's just a feature of this engine. My father who knows a fair bit about cars says it's nothing to be concerned about and said the car drive fine and the engine is excellent so I've not worried about it. Have you ever had it checked out by Audi?

Regards

Andy

Originally posted by tonydavis@Sep 25 2004, 07:28 AM
Hi,

Iv got the same thing on my Audi a3 1.8 SE, i think it is a combination of the injection and the air induction? Not positive on this though.

Tony

1 - 3 of 3 Posts