Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum and have owned a A2 1.4 TDi now for 2 years. It is a 2001 model. When I purchased the car it was not fitted with a belly pan and unfortunately I did not know this at the time.

Anyway on Oct 6th I had the car MOT'd for the first time and it passed with flying colours. However 2 weeks ago I started to hear a knocking coming from the front drivers side wheel area which I can only describe as a light shudder with a knocking when travelling over bumpy roads. I took a look below the vehicle and found a 'breather pipe !" loose directly behind the bumper on the front O/S. I thought this was the problem as it could seem to knock about. However I have had the car inspected by the dealer ( not Audi ) and he has checked the steering, track rod ends etc and cannot diagnose the fault. He can also hear the knocking when turning the car in a circle on a smooth road, so it does not seem to be suspension related. Can anyone help.

I also want to buy and fit the bellypan. Does anyone know how difficult this is to fit.

Lastly, I have also been having a few problems with reverse gear. Can anyone give me a list of recall issues on this model so that I can check that the car has had all required repairs

Thanks, Colin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is the knocking sound engine related? E.g does it happen as you accelerator or when you are using the accelerator? I only ask as quite a common issue with A2's is the EGR value (gas recirculation valve) that starts to make a knocking noise from the engine bay when using the accelerator. You can almost control it with the accelerater as you accelerate in the car.

If the symptoms are similar then its a dealer job, and from experience its a real b*gger to fix.

On the positive side its is not doing your car any harm.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts