Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Forum. Many years ago, I read an article in Parkers [I cant get off to sleep without reading something !] about the virtues of the Audi 90. Shortly after, I actually bought an 8 year Audi 80, which, I must admit, gave me no problems, but was a bit on the dull side. Ive had different cars since, but always fancied trying a '90'. Last week on Ebay I saw an H reg, 2 owner, with FSH and 95k on the clock,last serviced at 90k. It also had a new MOT. Anyway, I did a deal with the owner who was a trader, for £500, and its being delivered on Thursday. Is there anything that I should be looking out for? I was a bit worried about its age, and was seriously looking at giving it a miss, and going for a 3 series BMW, or even a slightly newer version of my '89 Saab Turbo - pretty fast, but a pig of a clutch , and a fairly stoggy gearshift, - Im hoping the Audi will be a more 'user friendly drive. I'll report back soon after delivery, but if anyone's got any useful tips in the meantime, I'd be really grateful to receive them. Brian

·
Registered
6 Posts
Howdy,

Owneed my 1990 G reg 90 since July now,

had 120K on the clock, Not had one single major problem, the car is a joy to own, and the 5 cylinder engine it has is beautiful, I think you will like the 90

Only problem I have had is leads and rotor arm needed replacing - fair wear and tear for the age though, but very easily done and cheap :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts