Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a sony cd player in my audi 90 replacing the factory installed audi gamma cassette deck. On the old cassette deck i noticed that it only powers the front two speakers and the rear speakers are handled by an amplifier via a line out plug on the back of the old audi gamma. With my new speakers, my rear speakers only work when the radio is turned on but when a cd is playing i only get sound from my front speakers. There are no speaker wires running from the dashboard to connect to the speaker wires from my new cd player. Where in my car is the amplifier located? right now I have the line out connected from my cd player connected to the inputs of the amplifier (via wires that were previously connected to the old audi gamma). How do i wire my system so that the cd player tells the amplifier to turn on even when cds are played?

basically where is that stupid amplifier so i can bypass/rip it out

·
Registered
6 Posts
Firstly.... your amplifier is in the trunk i thing in left side of it.

Amplifier has 3 power wires: 1 is ground 1 is +permanently and one is remonte.
This is at 12 V when Radio is on and in air when radio is off.. This wire must be connected to wire for electrically antenna or if your Sony has a wire for powering the amp when is on to it...

i'm sorry for my english :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
on my 90 they amp was built right into the speakers. So I ended up just replacing the speakers and running wire to them did not take long at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts