Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I joined this forum some time ago, but forgot I had, and haven't posted yet. I recieved a reminder email, and ever since have been reminded that I haven't posted anything here yet LOL... so... here I am :bwekk:

We have a December '94 B4 Audi 80E 2.6L V6 in BRG (or similar). She has pretty high milage and therefore was reasonably priced so we could afford it. Audi's are pretty expensive here in New Zealand as a rule. This car runs very nicely and comfortably and looks good doing it.

Problems? Well yes, but only a couple. 1) Oil sump leak: Took her to an Audi dealer who inspected her... they said that the inner sumpgasket and outter one may be in need of replacement soon... the inner item being a small mission to replace. 2) Mineral hydrolic fluid leak (power-steering/brake boost). Now this is the truely annoying problem. Not only does this fluid cost NZ$30 for 1L (of which it loses 3/4 per month) but this leak causes some kind of vapour or mist to come through the ventilation system into the cabin... which mist's up all the glass all the time (doay or night) and smells bad.

Fix it? Well the Audi dealer wants moon money to repair it, and I simply don't have the knowhow... so until later, I will keep topping the mineral hydrolic fluid up.

Ok... NOW I have actually posted something here in the Audi forum... no more prompts... yay.

·
Registered
72 Posts
On the steering pump/brake boost pump leak issue; I have a 1993 80 2.0L 16V that has a similar system. It was also suffering from a leak when I bought the car. I recently removed the pump and located the source of the leak.

On either side of the pump there are some large threaded plugs each with a cross on them. The one on the left side was loose and the seal was shot. I removed it (carefully as there is a spring behind it), replaced the seal and replaced it. I used a drop of loctite to keep it in and tightened it as hard as I could given the lack of grip on the cross on the top.

So far so good, fixed for the price of an 'O' Ring.

Hope this helps

Keith

1 - 2 of 2 Posts