Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the car 2 yrs ago, no problem at all, very tight motor, but 2 weeks ago, driving off a main highway and the engine just died. Instant stat again, revs in P move off and died again 20 secs later. this happened 5 times in a mile, each time between start - move - died time was getting shorter until finally just stopped immediately it went out of P and into D.
AA looked at it - couldn.t spot anything (coil Cool, leads good, no sparks nothing at all). 2 hrs later, it starts and drives 5 miles home without a problem. Took it to repair shop who tested all usual leads electricals, spark plugs etc - nothing.
:w00t: No problem for 2 weeks - today it died again, we stopped, left it for 3 mins, started up - ran 40 miles home no trouble at all.
Any suggestions would be very much appreciated - it unnerving !!.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had a similar problem with my wifes -89 2.0E.
After trouble shooting a whole summer, it turned out to be the "hall sender" inside the distributor. I had a type of sender that was not replaceable so I had to replace the distributor.
After that, no problem at all!!

Sverre

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks yr reply - yr solution was excatly what i did, since then no problem. For anyone with same trouble - this is the best solution to try. Apolgies not replying sooner but been away and just looked at the forum. :beer:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts