Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went down to the supermarket closed the windows and sunroof,came back 5mins later and went to open roof -nothing :( luckily its failed in closed position :) so i don't have to get the crank out.I've got the wiring diagrams and have quite a bit of experience in electronics generally but knowing that its all hooked into the door lock system I was wondering before I get the multimeter out and start poking about,whether anybody out there has had this problem.The LED on the switch is lit and all the windows are working so I figuered its probably not a fuse or circuit breaker which appears common to both!
its not the end of the world but........
Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, check the relay, mine had a loose joint, resoldered it and sunroof works fine, my car did not have electric windows, so the sunroof relay only operated the sunroof, cars with electric windows have the sunroof relay incorporarting electric windows also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks sggcomp,
i was late seeing your reply because I have been driving down to southhampton visiting relatives.The sunroof just started working again for a while but it started making clonking noises and getting jammed.The motor was getting hot and i soon discovered it was a small connector rod that had sheared off.thsi connector lifts the front airdam but luickily there is one on bothsides,so it still operates fine.I shall get a replacement though :)
cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts