Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1994 Audi 80 1.6 SE. Happily driving my new car around some exciting English Country roads in the dark, dark night. Imagine my surprise when suddenly, going over the brow of a hill, the lights decide to completely turn off!!!! No warning, just me, about 50mph on a twisty country road, and NO LIGHTS!!! :w00t: I immediately pulled the stalk rearwards, turning off the full beam, and thank God the normal dipped lights came on. Following this the lights have worked fine, but now i live in fear!! Has ANYONE suffered anything remotely similar?

Just one other lighting glitch, i have noticed the small backlights in the electric window buttons only appear to come on when they feel like it, which is only on special occaisions!

Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hmmm, forutunately not something that's happened to me, and I'm glad that no I'll came of it. I'd start by checking the relays and fuses in the fuse box. Do you know if your car is fitted with any upgraded bulbs, as this can cause problems for some wiring looms.
There's backlighting on the heated rear window switch? Ah, looks like I have a problem there, but sorry I can't help you with that one...
Good luck,
Tom

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yep!!....I had same prob with my lights......driving down dark country lane...go to select full beam and...nothing!!....just darkness all around!!!...deselect full beam and the dipped lights return...phew!

Problem was intermitent but quiuckly became constant.....funny thing was that the full beam flash worked fine throughout......made me think the fuses, bulbs and relays were ok.....

Changing the lighting stalk on the steering column solved the problem and certainly threw some light on the situation!! :57:

hope this helps....

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had exactly the same problem its the Indicator/Full beam stalk.

I have just replace mine about £30/£35 + vat from euro car parts.

All the best David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts