Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 1994 audi 80 tdi. The front electric windows and electric sunrof have all stopped working. I cant find the fuse or relay for them. There is no fuse in the fuse box with windows or sun roof on, and all my fuses are ok.

Can anyone out htere help please? The weathers getting better, and I don't have air con, it's like driving a mobile greenhouse!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Andy,
I had the same problem with my 1992 80. (don't have electric sunroof thou)

I am not a mechanic but I traced the problem back to a "black square fuse" measuring about 25x25x25mm located behind the panel under the steering wheel. On mine the fuse was located more or less over the accelerator pedal. I removed the cover of the fuse and found a broken solder.
Did that about 5 years ago with no problems since.

Send me your email and I will forward some photos.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello arderra. I am currently having troubles with my electric windows, (all and sunroof). I have followed your instructions underneath the panel, but I am unable to locate this 25x25x25mm black fuse box. It would be greatly appreciated if you could send some pictures to '[email protected]'
Thank you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello arderra. I am currently having troubles with my electric windows, (all and sunroof). I have followed your instructions underneath the panel, but I am unable to locate this 25x25x25mm black fuse box. It would be greatly appreciated if you could send some pictures to '[email protected]'
Thank you.
Hi Jroy,
From memory the box was located in the panel to the RHS of the steering wheel. Unfortunately I have since changed cars (biggest mistake ever!!!-bought a 2006, A6 avant 2.0tdi) and cannot take pic for you :( I do recall someone telling me that the box may be located in the drivers door on later models (mine was 1992) but dont qoute me on that!!

Best of luck with your wiring trouble!! Sorry I cant be of any more help. Let me know how you get on.
Arderra

·
Registered
28 Posts
i think it is a relay with a fuse on it, it should be easy to find, undo the 4 bolts holding the panel that contains the compartment under the steering wheel, remove it and then look up and you will see the relay panel . i think there is only one relay with a fuse on it, thats the one you want to check.

·
Registered
722 Posts
i think it is a relay with a fuse on it, it should be easy to find, undo the 4 bolts holding the panel that contains the compartment under the steering wheel, remove it and then look up and you will see the relay panel . i think there is only one relay with a fuse on it, thats the one you want to check.
Careful with that fuse guys...audi made 2 fuse relay's with fuses attached to them. One was for the power windows and one was for the fuel pump. So just be sure you are messing with the right relay. Cheers!

Greg!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Control Unit for Sunroof/EWindows

Hi,

There is a control unit containing logic, timing and relays for the sunroof and ewindows (also includes some current limiting circuitry) that is located in the relay area under the steering wheel as mentioned above. Its a black box labelled 363 (or sometimes 343) and has part number 4A0 959 257. Dimensions 60x30x62 . I had a problem that the windows/sunroof would sometimes become inactive and replaced this unit with one from ebay like this:

Electric sunroof window relay no.363 AUDI 80 4a0959257 | eBay

... after generally fiddling with resoldering joints on (inside) the old one which provided some temporary relief.

I notice the new design is slightly different and have had no problems since.

Cheers,

Timk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts