Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone.

just a quick query. can anyone tell me aproximatly at what temp the fan should come on. temp gauge seems to be hitting near if not 100 then the fan comes on. also my oil temp is just above 60 are the figures normal.

one more quick thing what should my oil pressure gauge read? after it warms up it sits about 2-3, obviously increases to full on acceleration. just wanna check these things incase theres a problem cause i had a huge problem with an old vw corrado i had (it had a horrible death)

thanks guys and girls,

andy

ps apologies if this has been covered before

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi that is normal I have a 2.8 V6, Does your fan also hve two stages? the first is a low speed fan, comes on at 93Degrees celcius and the full sped fan comes on at 103 degrees celcius, that is past boiling point, but if you have Audi coolant in (G12 plus) it won't boil, so don't worry, if the water light doesn't come on in the OK system then don't worry, just as long as your fan do come on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for putting my mind at ease,

car is due a service in a month or so i'll make sure all the oil and coollent is renewed just to make sure. thanks again

·
Registered
39 Posts
The oil temp sounds right at just above 60, mine rises to the next line when on long journeys. Also my manual says that the oil pressure should rest at about 2 bar.

Hope this helps.

Pete.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts