Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. Im andy and i thought id say hi, as im sure ill be using this forum as a resource for my car for a looong time. I would be very grateful if anyone had any advice. Firstly im replacing the relay for the electric windows today, if i can find it! Ive got a relay from an older model, it has 285 on top of the relay. ive heard if i solder two of the pins from this relay, it will still operate 'one touch' controls on the windows?

Also, the fuel guage is so so inaccurate, ive heard that changing the volvtage regulator might help? any auggestions?

Also when i go to use the windscreen washer, it all spills out from under the car. how to i get at the pump/tubing? take off the entire wing?

and lastly, i think, the speedo is around 5 or 6 mph out, why would this be?? has it been tampered with? seems very odd.

thanks for any advice in advance!

cheers,

Andy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just been out to the car, swapped the relays and the windows work absolutely fine. relay cost under a fiver from ebay. windows no longer are one touch up, but still go all the way down with one touch. which is fine by me!
andy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where was the relay?

Hi Andy

When you changed the relay, where was it located? The windows on my Coupe are intermittently playing up, so checking the relay would be a good place for me to start problem hunting.

Cheers

Si

1 - 3 of 3 Posts