Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If have a 1992 Audi 80 2.0 with a Single Point Injection unit. It recently develeped a problem starting. There is a blue cable on the right hand side of the engine, above what I believe is the exhaust manifold, that plugs into something (not idea what it is). If this is unplugged it starts without any problems. With it plugged in the problem returns. Can someone tell me what this is and is it easy to replace?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would love to know too as my car has a problem restarting after long journeys, it also has this blue cable - my car's a 2.8 V6. I'llbe looking out for this reply eagerly.

·
Registered
72 Posts
From the symptom I would postulate that this is an engine temperature sensor for the ECU that may have gone short circuit thereby falsely indicating that the engine is warm and not needing fuel enrichment.

Not knowing the details of the sensor in question makes it slightly difficult to say how easy it would be to change. At most it would mean draining some of the cooling water at best it may be a dry sensor.

The sensors are not usually that expensive but there is often confusion in the Audi parts departments about exactly which one is required.

Good luck

Keith

1 - 3 of 3 Posts