Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2000 1.8T audi quattro wagon with 87k. The wheel bearings keep failing. both front bearings replaced at sbout 85K. The rear ones started going at 50K. The right rear is failing again after being replaced 2X. Have extended warranty thru AAA and have had nothing but grief obtaining service authorizations. Audi bearings have been installed by the mechanic. Anyone know if this is a common problem?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 2001 A4 Quattro with 90k miles. Just had the wheel bearings replaced for the first time. According to my research this is a common requirement fo Audis, however, your recurring problem seems to be a bigger issue. Are you doing this yourself or having a qualified garage perform the work. I planned to do the job myself until I found that you need to press the new bearings and change the ABS monitor and shaft. It's a pretty big job. I've also heard that simply not packing the new bearings correctly will have a negative imapct on the life of the new bearings. I only have 2k miles on the new ones but will keep and eye/ear on them.

Good Luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts