Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1992 100 2.0E (RHD) manual with an AAD engine (100K, FSH), well looked after etc but with a recenlty developed over fuelling problem. I got it cheap hoping to repair it but am at a loss as to what the problem is. It starts well but after about 10 seconds starts to flood and eventually stalls - all the plugs are black afterwards. The plugs, leads, distributor and head gasket are fine. I immediately replaced the air mass meter and fuel distributor but it made no difference (it could be that the replacement has the same fault - unlikely though? It looks fine?). I unplugged the cold start valve and it starts and then stalls afer about 2 seconds - my other Audi will start without the CSV plugged in - seems to suggest lack of fuel? There doesn't appear to be any vacuum leaks in any pipes that I can see. I have a 1991 B3 Coupe with exactly the same engine - my plan is to swap parts until I find the faulty bit.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be before I do?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Welcome to the forum,

Please post your quetion in the Audi 100 forum for a better response.

Thanks

Rickt

·
Registered
8 Posts
welcome you are newbie like me goood
after reading your little description of the issue you experiencing there, I will tend to sway toward not enough petrol, sound like the fuel pump has given up the ghost, or the relay is not working to start the fuel pump.
Hope that offers some help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts