Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a really annoying problem with my spark, car wont accelerate without heavy spluttering, after checking under the bonnet at night i saw that all the leads were leaking spark everywhere theyre touching even on the rubber hoses? Theres new leads, dizzy cap, rotor arm, plugs, im really confused about this one... :confused:

·
Registered
722 Posts
It sounds like the leads you purchased are defective and you need to return them and get new ones again. This is not uncommon due to them sitting on the shelves for a long time. See if that works and get back to me and I'll do a search engine to find out if anyone else has had this simular problem. Cheers!
Greg!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:~( I've changed the leads & it's more or less stopped the spluttering but its still arcing away under the bonnet, the sparks jumping to the water pipes and aything in the way :( stroll on! I can think what else to do unless i change the plugs again?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tried that, no joy. I cant think of anything else to replace? Could the actual distributor itself cause arcing from the leads? As far i can understand the problem must be either the leads or the plugs as its only arcing from the leads? There must be somthing im missing, this is so frustrating :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts