Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
putting an apr chip in on sat..just wanting to know if i will be seeing any adverse affects to my car in the long run..also i really want that dv but they say just stick with the stock one due to it needing to be oiled regularly or it seizes and fails...

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
they say upgrade the stock A4 DV becasue its gonna break soon, it cant handle the new increase in boost

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the chip is amazing..in 3rd 4th and 5th gear not to much of a noticable differance in 1st and 2nd but still..amazing

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
yea peopel say a chip is like day and night with the car, did u replace the DV

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no i didnt replace it..where i get my work done the guy insists that a new dv is to ricky he says you have to grease them up like every 3000 miles or there is a chance of them sticking and then that would inturn make you blow your turbo where as the stock one will just rupture and you will just get messed up boost till you replace it...he says hes running 20 pounds in his tt with its stock one soo..i dont even know what to do

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Go with the bailey dv30.They are bulletproof and i know a few guys that have them in there turbo cars and only once in a while had to give them a spray with some oil if they became a bit sticky.

·
Registered
50 Posts
the APR Chip is good for any amount of miles depending on the quality of your car. as in has it been taken care of or got its maintenance at the right mileage ect...

if so then you should be alright for many more miles with apr chip equipped to the car.

also i would recommend that you chanve the stock dv to a baileys DV they are very popular.

good luck with the chip

1 - 7 of 7 Posts