Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, a couple of months ago I purchased a 1998 A4 2.8L 30v V6. I installed a custom exhaust and it sounds incredible. Does anyone know of any other performance parts that I can install on my car to give it a little more power. I love it and dont want to sell it. So if anyone would help me out I would appreciate it! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
Chip not worth the money for what power you get.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
yea u don't get much power out of it but i still recomend it. it gives a hole lot better throttle responce and u can feel a diff. in the top end.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
sean1.8t said:
intake, chip, (tip chip if you have the tiptronic), and gut your cats(freebie). other than that there is only the supercharger left and thats about $5,000 alone.. thats all the performance mods those have potental for really. get some ecodes or one peice headlights. clear sidemarkers. paint your lowers. debadge it, RS4 grill, a nice spring and shock combo or coilovers, and some nice rims and then you'll have one hell of a sick ride..

enjoy your audi and welcome to the forums guy

sites with good stuff:

AWE Tuning
ECS Tuning ::*Volkswagen :: Front*Page
PES-Tuning
www.ecodetunning.com
. ..:. Neuspeed The Official Site .:.. .
LLTek Motorsports - Home to the Online Catalog for Audi, Volkswagen, BMW, Porsche and Mercedes Tuning Enthusiasts
SUPREMEPOWER™ your one-stop shop for automotive parts & accessories.
wat did u mean about gutting u'r cats and how wld i do that? i've been wanting to get rid of them since i got my new exhaust but i have no luck finding any downpipes.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
thanx i might just look into that, and just buy cats and put em in when inspection comes around!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have an 01 2.8L. CAI, GIAC chip and greddy G2 cat-Back done so far for go's. It makes a little difference but not much. The PES G2 supercharger is a must for anyone with a 30V looking for more speed. I have found an unorthidox pully kit for ythe alternator but that is about it. I do not know of anyone that does the tip-chip. I called Evo MotorSports a while backl and they said they can do it but did not recomend it. said it did not help. Now they stopped doing it period. Good luck on the search. see my video if you would like. www.myspace.com/captian_rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts