Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i have a 2.8 v6 a4 and was wondering if anybody has used this turbonator thing. It seems like a pretty sweet deal for cheap but was wondering if anyone had some first hand advice. thanks if anyone can help me out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have one installed in my 2001 a4 1.8t and have noticed a slight gain in hp and fuel mileage. i was told that installing two of them really adds some bigger gains
by spinning the air through the intakes creating a vortex

·
Registered
12 Posts
while we at it, y not consider the micro-compressor.com ?

but personally, i dont think it give any significant improvements. especially on NAs. but i stand corrected.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I would be very skeptical about any of these. I have read independent magazine tests and none of them add horsepower. Many reduce horsepower.

Think about it - if Audi could install something similar to this and increase it's fuel mileage ratings to meet EPA requirements - and give us more horsepower - don't you think they would? You know the part only cost about 50 cents to make.

In my opinion, it's money down the drain. Buy a nice set of floor mats to keep your beauty looking its best and increase resale value too.

VB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts