Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2005 TT MK1, (187 bhp, not Quattro) and I've removed the airbag and there is a yellow plug that I unplugged from back of airbag. On steering wheel inner there are two spade end wires, a top one and a bottom one, does anybody know what they are for and in what order? I suspect one is for airbag and the other the horn, but which is which?

I'm asking as since I re-fitted steering wheel and airbag and had local garage re-set airbag to turn the 'air bag' warning light off on the dash my horn does not sound two-tone anymore, it's only single tone and a tad quieter. It it perhaps because I did not push one of these spade wires in hard enough?

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2005 TT MK1, (187 bhp, not Quattro) and I've removed the airbag and there is a yellow plug that I unplugged from back of airbag. On steering wheel inner there are two spade end wires, a top one and a bottom one, does anybody know what they are for and in what order? I suspect one is for airbag and the other the horn, but which is which?

I'm asking as since I re-fitted steering wheel and airbag and had local garage re-set airbag to turn the 'air bag' warning light off on the dash my horn does not sound two-tone anymore, it's only single tone and a tad quieter. It it perhaps because I did not push one of these spade wires in hard enough?
From what I've seen the yellow connectors are always airbag connectors. The other should be power and ground for horn.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts