Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I am a young audi fan, recieving an Audi A90, 1993 V6 2.8L as my second vehicle, after a 1983 GMC sierra classic. (quite the improvement ehh? :lol: )

So I have a bunch of questions, i hope anyone can answer them.

First: Floor mats, this seems like a dumb thing but in this car the floor mats slide down and get caught under the accelerator alot. The car manual says it has special peg things to hold the floor mats, but i need the stock audi floor mats for that to work. Where can I buy these, and how much?

Second: My trunk does not unlock, Im guessing this is because my lock has gotten old and just stopped working. All other locks in my car work. Can anyone give advice on removing my trunk lock? Thankfully I can get inside my trunk through the back seats folding down

Third: My passenger side door handle does not work from the inside. How hard is this to fix myself? Also where can I buy the replacement door handle?

Fourth: My brake light goes on sometimes when i hit a bump. from this it will either shut off after a few seconds, OR stay on until I turn the car off. Turning the car off/on again seems to make the light go away, but what is keeping it on? should I be concerned?

Fifth: Everyone I ask says that taking the casing of the shifter boot off is fairly easy. But it isnt for my car, no matter how much I pry or try to click it out of place, i cant seem to get it off. This is frusterating to no end, considering everyone else with this car claims it to be such an easy task. Does anyone have any input on this? Also where can I buy a shifter boot that fits my car nicely?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Well first of all...welcome to the forums. Ok the floor mats and the shifter boot you should be able to find on ebay for relatively cheap. If not there you might find them by googling your make and model and adding floor mats and a bunch of autoparts stores should make them available. To remove the trunk lock you can either take it out when the trunk is up or remove the tailight and do it that way. It is a relatively easy task. The door handle problem sounds like the cable inside the door has either broke or come off the hinge it sits in. You will have to pull the door panel off to get to it. Your brake light problem sounds like the brake BOMB is starting to go or it could be as easy as a loose connection.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for such a good answer! What do you mean by my brake BOMB? do you mean my emergency brakes are close to not working anymore?

Can you explain better, how i can get to my trunks lock by taking the taillights off?

I already made orders for floor mats and my shifter boot... is this a good website to order from?
Shift boot store - RedlineGoods leather shift boots

·
Registered
722 Posts
BOMB! (Hydraulic Pressure Accumulator)
The hydraulic pressure accumulator holds pressure in the system for emergency assist if the hydraulic pump fails or the engine quits altogether. It's a nitrogen vessel that holds several thousand PSI. It is believed that over time the nitrogen leaks out of the system (diffused through the diaphragm), because almost all accumulators start to go bad after about seven years of service. The unit has been given the nickname of "bomb" because of the shape of older versions. There you go...explanation complete!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts