Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 100% stock 2016 S8 with 38k miles about 3 weeks ago and I adore the car. The previous owner took great care of it and I have had a great time with it. It is everything I could have hoped for....EXCEPT ONE THING!

I have experienced a boggling issue with the A/C as during my daily 45-min commute. With the A/C in "AUTO" and temp somewhere around "70"--at 32-mins on the driver's display, the A/C will stop blowing icy air...EVERY SINGLE DAY!

Even if I adjust the temp control to "LO"...the trickle of cool air will not increase and the fan speed will not change. BIZARRE right?

Ready for the kicker??? I have discovered that if I pull to the side of the road, power down the S8, and restart it....the A/C system will go back to NORMAL and blow icy cold air for the remainder of my commute.

I took the S8 to the A/C shop this morning and they thoroughly inspected the system. The only concern they found was the refrigerant was a touch low so they topped it off. Problem solved, right?

WRONG, on the 45-minute commute home tonight...at exactly 32-mins, the A/C went to a trickle and would not respond to any settings changes. I pulled over, powered down the S8, and restarted the S8. YEP, the A/C went back to normal for the remainder of my commute.

Has ANYONE experienced this baffling behavior?!?!?

After the 8 hour drive from the dealer....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Maybe there is a drain near the heat exchanger which is blocked. Maybe the outlet is icing up. Maybe it is shutting down/off because the temp sensor has reached the set temperature. The fan is running slower because the temp sensor indicates the set temp has/is being reached.
Switching off the eng may reset the AC e controls. If where the temp sensor is located gets hot quickly then the AC shall operate as it is set.
Dust on sensors and moving parts = problems of operation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts