Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've arrived at Audi ownership by a round about route. We were looking for a funday car for me when somehow I ended up chopping in the family estate and driving away in a 1.8 1999 Audi cabrio - blue. A bit of an impulse buy...

Still as they say, the price was right and it is a smashing car. Couple of problems to resolve but nothing too serious. The boss (SWMBO) likes it and the boys love it - the seven year old one wants to go and cruise - even in the rain.

I had a 100CS about 16 (grief as long as that) years ago and loved it, so I know I will enjoy the car.

Problems so far:
Oil pressure gauge light doesn't work (ho hum)
Electric ariel seems to turn but nothing much happens
Water temperature gauge drops to 50 after half an hours driving - sometimes it comes back up but otherwise seems to sit low.
Rear window needs some serious plastic polishing - can't see a dammed thing
HiFi only plays tapes (got none of those) but I've an iPod tape adapter...
Silly grin comes on to the driver whenever he goes out
Sunburn from last Friday - need a baseball cap apprantly whatever one of those is!

:beer:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
well its common for the drop tops with plastic windows to fade
and have u tried CD laser clears for the radio

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi - thanks for the welcome! A couple of hundred miles later and the lights have settled down. The radio has been wrestled under control and I'm turning a blind eye to the temp. gauge, at least until the next book service (38K in a couple of months)

Any pointers on removing the boot trim to get to the antenna? I had a delve around but it all seems interlocking? I'm loathed to pay main dealer price for a simple fix but hey I need those traffic reports and the drive to work with no traffic news is a bind.

Got some Renovo plastic polish for the rear screen - a weekend job I think.

Still getting sunburnt! And smiling.

:beer:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts