Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After nearly 20 years in the UK and Australia we returned to the States in 02 when I stopped working. We are now living near Orlando. The last car I had in the UK was an A8 3.7 that I loved. I was surprised to find that there is only one Audi dealer in central Florida and, consequently, not a lot of Audis on the road.

I have owned a few 911s and bought an 88 911 Cabriolet in 02. I quickly learned that I am too old to put up with an A/C system that was designed for someplace other than Florida's summers and sold the car. I replaced it with an 01 A6 4.2 and I am, once again, in love with an Audi.

I have rudimentary knowledge of mechanics. I raced a 1600 BMW in SCCA events and did most of my own work but that in the late 70s... In any case, just looking at the engine compartment of the A6 persuades me that I ought to be very careful.

In the UK the A8 was an Audi Finance lease car and was serviced by the main dealer. Here, though, I would really like to find a top flight independent. I have been to the local dealer for the 40K service and left a grand lighter... seems that the boots on both front CV joints were torn and needed replacing... Any idea where on this site I can find info about service in central Florida?

The photos of the cars I have seen here are absolutely beautiful. I am sure I will learn plenty from y'all.

·
Registered
12 Posts
congrats, and welcome

Nice choice on the ride......
got one myself

A6 4.2 Q sport widebody....Ebony with Tint

Eibach springs, H&R hollow sway-bars, Koni's, Brembo's, factory Speedline wheels, GIAC chip, LLTEK air scoops,LLTEK Xenon conversion.........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts