Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a 2001 TT with the 225 hp and a 6 sp. together with a 2003 Lexus RX300, both of which I am trading in on a 2005 allroad the end of this week. I was tempted by the 6 sp, as it is a sweet transmission, and the auto does bring allot of turbo lag into play, but my girlfriend does not drive a stick and yatta yatta, I'm buying the tip.

So anyway, I have been reading about the chip mods, Hoppen and others, that promise gobs of hp and torque and smoother shifting to boot, but am thinking, if something breaks, its gotta be obviuos to the Audi guys that you chipped the engine, right? And there goes your warranty, right? And as much as I love German cars, who in their right mind drives one without a warranty?

So what's the low down out there on these ECM modifications?

I would welcome any thoughts or comments whatsoever.

Thanks,

Wanting more, but cautious in NC

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
chip tunning is very popular on turbo engines.. mainly because it does work very well. i've got the giac chip on my 2.7t and its like a different car.

as far as the warranty goes, if audi knows your car is chipped and you have engine problems, they can, and probably would void your engine warranty.

my giac chip has a handheld flashloader which can change the program back to stock which makes it much much harder for your dealer to detect your upgraded engine software.

i would recomend either giac or APR chip upgrades.. you'd be happy with both. be careful when dealing with your dealer and you'll be fine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts