Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Complete newbie here and looking for advice. We have a 2009 Allroad A6 3.0 which we love!! It has started a new thing about 6 months ago that when changing second to third gear (automatic) there is a slight delay and increase in revs. I'm talking only a fraction of a second, thereafter it is perfectly normal the rest of the day. The car has a full service (not Audi) and has done 97K.

I wondered if this means the autobox needs a gear change or if it is signs of bigger trouble ahead!! Otherwise, it perfoms faultlessly kicking down and charging through the gears. Any advice appreciated.

Deborah :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

Complete newbie here and looking for advice. We have a 2009 Allroad A6 3.0 which we love!! It has started a new thing about 6 months ago that when changing second to third gear (automatic) there is a slight delay and increase in revs. I'm talking only a fraction of a second, thereafter it is perfectly normal the rest of the day. The car has a full service (not Audi) and has done 97K.

I wondered if this means the autobox needs a gear change or if it is signs of bigger trouble ahead!! Otherwise, it perfoms faultlessly kicking down and charging through the gears. Any advice appreciated.

Deborah :)
Have you change the oil on your gearbox, have to be changed on interval (read instruction for interval)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, Thank you very much for your reply. We contacted Audi yesterday and were told that you don't change the oil on that particular gear box!!!! We also just last week had it into an independent garage who said that the gear box was rusty and had never had the gear oil changed and it would be £750 to do so. Using Audi parts and oil from the same local Audi dealer that we called. Who do you believe!

The call to Audi also revealed that this was repaired under warranty at 50K, whether it was the same problem we don't know.. Best wishes Debs :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts