Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Haynes manual for my Audi A4, with the hope to find out how to disable the alarm as the dam thing goes off adhoc all the time and I live i a nice place where you dont get a-holes stealing all the time.

Thought I had it sussed when I pulled the fuse to the internal lights and alarm, no alarm still goes off, so took out the fuse for the horn, now were talking, no we are not as alarm has a seperate horn located at the back of the car somewhere.

After carefull examination of the wiring diagrame for the car there is a second fuse for the alarm in the diagram, this will be the puppy but is not located on the fuse panel.

Can anyone please help, where do I find that fuse and is there any other way to loose the alarm!

cheers

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Does the B5 have the alarm disable button on the right down piller between the front and rear seats??

If you press the tow button does that disable it all the time>?

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the exact same problem with my A4 - it seems to prefer going off in the middle of the night, but can go off at any time.

I tried the same thing - removing the horn fuse, but again it didn't help.

Does the B5 have the alarm disable button on the right down piller between the front and rear seats??
Yes it does, however I believe this button just activates/deactivates the internal motion sensors, and therefore doesn't seem to help with this particular problem.

If you press the tow button does that disable it all the time>?
Where is to tow button?

Please someone tell us how to deactivate this stupid alarm! I've got a new baby arriving in 2 weeks and need to get some sleep before then!!! :p

MrLew

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi All

Have tried the button on the pillar and still the alarm goes off.

Please please please any other suggestions.

Cheers

Jim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Originally posted by jimthe@Feb 12 2006, 11:59 AM
Have tried the button on the pillar and still the alarm goes off.

Please please please any other suggestions.
Having hunted round some other Audi forums, it seems the bonnet sensor may be the cause of the problems - I've cleaned mine up along with the connectors and so far so good...

Apparently it is a cheap part to replace if needed.

If you have access to Audi diagnostic equipment it will tell you which sensor is activating the alarm.

Hope that helps,
MrLew

1 - 6 of 6 Posts