Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
touched on this in another thread....
when i lock the doors now the alarm dosen't arm the lights don't flash and the led on the door lock pins don't flash. Someone said it might be a fuse but thats fine, the led will flash when i press the button next to the drivers seat to arm/disarm the interior sensors but nothing when i lock it also the windows don't automaticlly go up and down if you leave the key turned in either lock or unlock.
i have just replaced the concert head unit for an alpine one could this be the cause????

thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
would not think it was the head unit... check all fuses...

if all fuses are ok... it may be worth just whipping the head unit out and unplug it and try it then?

RicKT

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. Only just joined but I'm having the same problem (A4 Avant 2.8 Quattro). Did you find out what it was in the end?. Mine is happening even with the standard Concert Head Unit fitted. Rumour is a control box but I'll find out for sure next Weds (Hopefully).

·
Registered
99 Posts
Your central locking base-code is partly dependent on your stereo type.

You may have to VAG-COM your car and alter the number in module 35 'central locking'.

If your stereo is not a standard Audi unit i think there is a wire in the stereo harness that is part of the anti-theft system that you have to ground on the back of your new stereo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
boycarp said:
touched on this in another thread....
when i lock the doors now the alarm dosen't arm the lights don't flash and the led on the door lock pins don't flash. Someone said it might be a fuse but thats fine, the led will flash when i press the button next to the drivers seat to arm/disarm the interior sensors but nothing when i lock it also the windows don't automaticlly go up and down if you leave the key turned in either lock or unlock.
i have just replaced the concert head unit for an alpine one could this be the cause????

thanks in advance
Hi.
Not sure if you still have the problem but I finally got mine sorted.
Before you go spending loads on fault finding (As I Did!), check all your door open/closed pins. (Spring loaded sensor on the Door/Bonnet/Boot housing covered by a rubber grommit). Only doors that dont have them is the front (Not that I could find anyway).
Mine turned out to be the rear O/S door pin snapped (4 Squid to replace!).
Hope this helps someone.
Cheers
Darren

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Good call Darren, if it doesn't arm then look for sometthing not shutting first, bonnet switch is a common culpret.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it was something to do with the way i had wired the radio in to get a permiment live.. i could only get the radio to work when the igintion was on and it would forget all it's presets every time, so i doubled up the igintion and live wires which worked must have some how confused the alarm, thats the only thing i can think of as i went back and refitted the radio properlly and it works fine now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts