Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have an 1998 A4 1.8T Sport and recently the airbag warning light has come on. I've called around a few dealers and they are asking amazing prices just to tell me what the fault is.

I've look on a few forums and most suggest to go to a garage with VAG.COM to get the fault identified. problem is I cannot locate any garages local to me in South London. Can anyone suggest any garages or dealers who won't charge the earth as I am competent enough to rectify a corroded wire or faulty connection?

Any help much appreciated as getting a bit worried now in case it is something major.

Thanks
Doug

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
You could buy your self a ODB2 lead )or the older one depening on your car and knock the light off your self to see if the fault re-occurs.. (do at your own risk)

you can find all the info you require from http://www.ross-tech.com/ and the required lead thenm you can buy one for around £20 off ebay..

Thats what i did and now if i ever have problems i can find out what wrong and then get the part myself instad of paying the daft prices!

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Good stuff..

the vag-com application is very easy... any questions drp us a message or re-post in this topic..

Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts