Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

New Audi owner here, and I have basically no clue about the cars. I have a 1998 Audi A4 2.8L V6.

I am in the process of getting my car state inspecteion and emission test done(USA). I have taken the car to 3 different car care centers, and none of them can hook their little scanner thing up to my car's computer and read info on it.

I talked to the dealer and they said it might be my after market stereo that is causing this. I don't beleive this is the problem because it was inspected last year with the same stereo, and nothing has changed on the car since. Anyway, my airbag light just came on a couple weeks ago, and I think that might be the issue. Does anyone know how to disable the interface on the airbag? Is it as simple as pulling a fuse for that? Any ideas on how to disable the airbag so that I can hook up a scanner to see if it will read my computer in the car for a minute, I would greatly appreciate them. THANKS!!!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
the radio has nuthn to do with it
to scann the ECU u need a VAG-COM

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually found someone that had a VAG-COM in my area that said he would be willing to scan it for me. What do you think the possibility would be of reading the computer after scanning it and resetting the error??

Thanks for your reply!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
if theres nuthing wrong then the code will clear and everything is fine, i say u'll be alrite

1 - 4 of 4 Posts