Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A fantastic forum everyone, been lurking for a while but now need help from you gurus.

Please can anyone shed some light on where to look next before I sucumb to dealer prices.

An air bag warning light occurred on my 2003 tdi 130 A4 Avant - I seem to recall a brief fluctuation on the dash lights and the airbag light remained on. I checked my VAG-Com and it gives the following:

01738 - Crash sensor for front airbag drivers side (G283)
012 - Electrical fault in circuit

I have reset the fault code but it returns so I guess there is still a problem. I have checked cables under the seats as I have read on some threads, but all I find is one cable under each connected to a silver bar.

Any help gratefully accepted.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
looks like a sensors failed if you have not hit anything!!

I dont normally say this but your Audi dealer may be a good option,, or a local specalist...

The problem is if you have "God forbid" a smash with the warning light on, i am led to belelive that the AIRBAGS are all disabled due to a fault so they wont be deployed... so your playing with life / lives there...

Get it booked in some where or if you can do it yourself and are 100% go for it,,

Cheers

RickT

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
dunno.....however a good guess would be look between the front bumper and the front of the engine bay, around where the compression rams are

Cheers

Rickt

·
Registered
2 Posts
look for loose ground wire.
front sensors are located on the inside of the front bumper next to the headlights each side(high beam) black square with arrow facing upwards
side sensors are located on the side pillar next to seat belt tensioner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts