Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked around the forum for this but no can find. I tried doing this by seat of pants and decided may not be good idea unless I want to break some $500 do-widgy... Anybody got a decent pictoral essay on this? Or, even a decent wordy description? Doesn't look like the typical Ford/Chevy/Dodge V8 wing-nut-remove top pan-remove big round filter ring and reinsert, though. :) :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
You didn't state which engine your A4 has; it makes a big difference in the process for air-filter replacement.

On the chance that you have the 1.8L turbo-engine, here's a DIY for the replacement of that engine's air-filter (the cabin air-filter is "a different kettle of fish")

B6 A4 1.8T: Air filter replacement

Good luck! :cool:

Reactions: sfm72

·
Registered
368 Posts
You're quite welcome! We all benefit from the collective accumulated knowledge of the forum members; I've also enjoyed increased driving satisfaction and pleasure with my Audi thanks to forum members... :cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Found out more good news this morning when I shut my driver door and the left rear window on my Avant exploded!!!!! Safe lite told me it would be 3-5 days because they ahve to order it from Audi. Does Audi let anybody copy there stuff. I am having a hard time find ing wipers as well. Rock Auto is a good site but OMG this is a different experience owning a German Machine.

·
Registered
368 Posts
That's terrible news about the window! :(

As to winshield wipers on the Audi B6-chassis A4's, be aware that there were two versions. The later cars (2004+) used the Audi Aero wiper kit (Audi B6 A4 Quattro V6 30v > Exterior > Wiper > ES#6574 Wiper Blade Kit - Aero - B6AWK) which use beam-style blade refills; these are great and refills are available (Audi B6 A4 Quattro V6 30v > Exterior > Wiper > ES#260921 Wiper Blade Set - Aero - 4B0998002). The blade set for the earlier, conventional wipers are also available (Audi B6 A4 Quattro V6 30v > Exterior > Wiper > ES#6572 Wiper Blade Set - 3397001909).

Good luck! :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts