Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Air Compressor Removal
Just got the car back from the shop, they said the AC compressor CLUTCH is bad, and I need new compressor. a $1900 job. NO WAY, i am paying this. I heard our compressor do NOT have a clutch, but i cannot find anywhere to verify this.

okay so i am going to replace the compressor my self. i can see the compressor under the car, on top of the oil filter. i see it is held by 2 bolts, and there is 2 lines going in it.
Questions:
1: how can I drain the system at home?
2: where is the The restrict or expansion located , and how to get it out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You have tried comparing different websites and quotations. Is there a website like this that you can access in your hometown/country?
It could be a challenge adding an air conditioning unit in car that never had it at the first sight. Relax, with the advancement of technology these days you can pretty much make any car run on gas or transform it into a hybrid not to mention installing an air conditioner. First of all you should go online and search for an AC that suits your needs and budget. The next thing to do is find some good aircon repair and entrust them with task of installing it. No need to do it by yourself if you don't have the skills. Aircon Servicing Singapore | Aircon Repair | LK Brothers Aircon

·
Registered
1 Posts
My AC also had a lot of noise, I had my car for about 3 years and this issue started to surface. I did not want to spend money bringing it to a mechanic so I read up online on some aircon servicing articles that led me to find out that there was a problem with the fans. I got my friend to help me replace them it was so much cheaper than going to a mechanic. Blog | Sub Cool Engineering

1 - 4 of 4 Posts