Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there ...

Fortunately it's the end of summer here in Australia, however, my aircon has croaked. Got pulled over by the cops because there was smoke coming out the back (first time I've been glad to be pulled over!). Turns out there was some stinky white smoke coming out from the air con unit. Have been told that it is the clutch in the air con that has eaten it. I did notice a clunky sound when I switched on the aircon prior to failure so perhaps that was the faulty clutch engaging. After the failure it smelt a little electrical too. Any thoughts on what the prob is and how to fix it or what parts need replacing?? Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
aircon

Hi mate , i am in australia also. I have am Audi80 2.6e v6 . Fantastic car . Recently i had a clapped out air con system also. It was making a noise when turned on . It was the aircompressor , it was actually chewing it self up and pumping metal particles through out the aircon system. My advice is to NOT turn on the system as it will cost you alot more to fix because other parts such as filters and condensors will have to be replaced also to make sure all the metal particles are removed from the system . It cost me just over two grand ( expensive way to learn).

hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts