Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was adjusting my audi car seat and the airbag light just came on, i know the airbag wires are under the driver seat can i just pull them out to get rid of the airbag light or do i have to take it too a audi dealer

Please help me

Thanks

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
pull out the airbag wires.... ? :blink:

wouldnt you rather have the little light on your dash than run the risk of your airbag not working?

well anyway, swing it by your dealer and see what they think... do you think you disconected something while adjusting your seat?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by mohsin amar ali@Nov 29 2004, 04:44 PM
I was adjusting my audi car seat and the airbag light just came on, i know the airbag wires are under the driver seat can i just pull them out to get rid of the airbag light or do i have to take it too a audi dealer

Please help me
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by AMericANsmith@Feb 5 2005, 10:52 AM

I have the same problem. Took it to a dealership who told me my airbag "wiring harness" was bad. A mere $700 fix. I'm living with the light for now. Let me know if you find another fix. Regards, Eric

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had the same problem, but managed to cure it. I unlugged the wires under the seat, cleaned the contacts and then took it to my local garage (not a main dealer), who hooked the car up to a Bosch diagnostic laptop and "cleared down" the fault. He had to do it twice to be sure, but touch wood it's been fine since.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, you will have to take the car to a garage that has diagnostic equipment. They will be able to cancel the warning light probably using a laptop. Also ask them to look at the wirng connectors underneath the seats or in the dash as applicable. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts