Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone assist with me on how to get the airbag and steering wheel off on a 1994 80 TDi SE. I need to replace the indicator stalk on mine, and I am having problems with the airbag. Do I need a specific tool?

Secondly, my temp gauge reads 80 at the most, it might go up in traffic, but soon comes down. Do I need to worry about this, or is it tha cause of a deeper problem. The heater works when on full, ( but I suppose could give off more heat) I don't know if they are connected.

HELP!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi, first off, there's nothing wrong with your temp. gauge. Secondly, the good news is that you can remove the air-bag without any special tools. If you have a feel behind the air-bag, you will find there are two screws which hold it on to the steering wheel. These can be removed by using either a hex key, or a "star key", depending on what kind of screw you have fitted. Before removing the air-bag, make sure that you disconnect the battery, and leave for about 20-30 mins. This is to ensure that there is no residual current left in the system! A word of advice, while the air-bag has been removed, do not switch the ignition on, as this will require you to reset the air-bag light, which I have found to my cost, is a right pain,and will cost you money to get sorted! I hope this helps. Keep in touch and let us know how you got on!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts