Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help!!
Recently we've had an intermittent fault......It's a 2.5TDI quattro Tip, when accelerating the engine will produce less and less power, eventually stopping any acceleration above 3000rpm. If you put your foot down any harder it actually slows down!
You end up not being able to go any faster than 30mph!!
The garage has changed the airflow sensor we've still got the problem!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can hear the turbo but i'm not getting any transmission messages it's a 1999 a6 2.5 tdi quattro triptronic

·
Registered
256 Posts
Do you still loose power in manual Tip? How many revs can you hold in second gear? Is there any chance that your fuel is gelling?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Clean your MAF sensor. Had this problem on my car and it was the MAF.

once I test drove a TDI from a dealer!!! and it wouldnt rev over 3000rpm, when i questioned why the car was doing the the salesman responded with "the MAF sensor has failed and were looking to get it replaced" and then asked why i wasnt made aware of this fault PRIOR to taking the car out and he replied "'cos i;m hoping you will like the car anyway and buy it!"

needless to say, I parked the car up, got and walked leaving him in the car! (good job I went to dealers on the bus to start with!

The Maf is an easy job to clean. I'm in process of doing a how-to as im not sure if there is one 9could be wrong)

dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts