Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm trying to hook up an aftermarket amp and subs in my S4. But, don't want to get rid of the stock head unit yet. Anyone know if I'll have any problems hooking it up through a line level conv.? Any help would be great. Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
u can use something called a Hi-low which uses a signal from an existing wire that is hook to ur sub or amp

or if u got the money look up the JL audio CleanSweep
it cleans the single and improves it making your aftermarket stuff match with your stock unit

·
Registered
2 Posts
Previously i had VW Golf and I didn't want to change my stock stereo either, so I used Hi-Low switch which connects to the speaker wires. It is best to connect to the rear speaker wires on the back of your stock stereo because you lose a little of volume, but you won't see a big difference 'cause of the sub in the trunk. It will sound not bad at all. The only thing you might wanted to use is a Bass level remote control for your amplifier because stock stereos cannot control bass frequencies. Some of the amplifiers already have this remote. It mounts on your dashboard or anywhere else and connects to the amplifier with LAN cable. So you will have bass control right in front of you. For exaple; I used Rockford Fostage PUNCH Amplifier (which already come with the Bass remote), and PUNCH P3 Sub-woofer. It is almost 2 years I'm using it and I am satisfied with the quality.

·
Registered
32 Posts
There is no need to use a hi-lo converter in the A4/S4. Your stock h/u has line outs (you just have to add RCA's or buy an adapter to add them).

If you have a Bose system, you can pickup the lineouts in the rear from the stock amp.

If you have the non-Bose system you can tap into the lineouts from the amp attached to the left rear speaker. The h/u also provides a remote amp on lead.

Checkout the B5 and the audio forums on www.audiworld.com for instructions from where and how to run power for your amp to adding RCA and changing the stock audio components.

Good luck with the upgrade.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts