Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just acquired a 2004 A6 4.2. It has every accessory Audi sells except for the auto navigation system, which I would like to have. Does anyone have thoughts about an aftermarket system? I've looked at the various systems available but I'm not thrilled about a system I have to stick on my desk or under the mirror and plug into the lighter, and possibly hang an antenna out the window. Is it possible to actually get an aftermarket system installed so that it looks like part of the car? My Audi dealer tells me they don't really do that-- and that if they did it would cost $3000. I don't mind paying the money for a good system. Any thoughts? Thanks.

·
Registered
567 Posts
What setup does your car have now?

2004 A6, is it a symphony or concert head?

3 options open to you....

BNS (Basic Nav system) works if you have a DIS in the dash, controls by the hand brake, nav unit in the boot. Easy to install if you have a Concert HU, no dash mods needed.

RNS-D (Nav + CD based) A double din unit that replaces the symphony in the dash. Complicated to wire in as needs some wires from cluster etc. Single to double din conversion needed if you have a concert unit.

RNS-E (Nav + DVD based, latest version) A double din unit that replaces the symphony unit in the dash. Easier to wire in with plug and play adaptors. Single to double din conversion needed if you have a concert unit.

EU and NA versions are available.

Hope that helps...

Craig

1 - 2 of 2 Posts