Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings Audi people,

I've been a long time spectator fan of Audis in general, and in my recent search for a new car, have been impressed by everything about the allroad except of course it's price. I've found one for sale near me, and am very strongly considering getting it:

Silver 2001 allroad 2.7T 6-speed
MTM engine software
High performance exhaust (don't know the particulars here)
18" RS6 wheels on electronically lowered suspension (no new parts, but lower stance)
**110,000 miles
***owned by an audi service manager

These last 2 are respectively my major concern, and reason for potentially overlook it. Because of it's owner, I'm reasonably sure it'll be in fantastic condition (to be verified on saturday when I drive it), but given the complexity of the machine, my question to you who have more experience than I is this:

How much more life does this car have in it?

So far i've been told the clutch was replaced a 80k, and a host of other things including seals, timing belt, and serpentine belt at about 95k, and that as a result, the engine exterior was "bone dry" at last oil change.

In case you guys are feeling generous, i've got a few follwups too:

- what should I look for when I inspect/drive it?
- Anyone else have a high mileage allroad and can comment on it's maintenance needs after 100k?

Any help you can provide is much appreciated; and unless something really wrong turns up, there's a good chance you'll be seeing a lot more of me.

- Shane

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Jeez, people... 111 views and no one can give me a yay or nay? Well it's too late now; I couldn't resist, and am now the very proud owner of a brand old allroad mentioned above. It'd been a day and a half, and already I love this car.

I'll be looking for advice and people to share my improvement ideas and experience with a high-miles allroad with, but as it seems like this particular forum is a little stagnant, I guess I may have to look elsewhere. Let me know if there's a main hang out you guys all regularly attend (and reply to), and in the meantime, to those of you who ARE here, howdy and cheers from a new owner.

-Shane

1 - 2 of 2 Posts