Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 A6 2.7T is still behaving, but when I compare it to the newer models out there, it seems to be getting a little long in the tooth. Still, it's a manual, and Audi isn't making those anymore on the A6, so I don't want to part with it. I've never had modifications done to a car before...

Can anyone provide some advice on what a decent first stage would be? I don't want to spend a whole ton of money, but I figure I won't get all that I can just out of chipping the ecu. I was trying to work out some combination of changes that will jazz it up, but won't break the bank.

A few specific questions:
- how much can the manual transmission handle? Am I endangering it if I add more than 50 HP to the 250 it already has?
- Will the stock rims/all-weather tires I have be able to handle the extra oomph, or will I need to move to 17/18" in order to take advantage of any changes?
- Any other pitfalls I should look out for? I've rarely had to take this into the shop for repairs, so I don't want to do anything that will significantly increase the risk of something going bad on me.

thanks!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
ur clutch should be enough to hold the power as long as ur not drag launchin all the time and ru wheels and tires( maybe not tires depending on brand) will no have any problems if they are in good condition

there is any major problesm with the 2.7TT besides coilpacks and 02 sensors

·
Registered
5 Posts
I went with a GIAC "X" chip (major horsepower upgrade) and a good set of diverter valves (I used Stratmosphere). A good air system and I went with a Miltek Exhaust! These are some good mods to get your car ripped!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts