Audi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, i need your opinions!

Ive lowered my A4 on coilovers last week and now need to buy some alloy wheels. I dont want to put on 18s as im worried in will ruin the stance of the car (and raise it slightly) so ive decided on a few type of 17s and would like to know what people would go for. The wheels are as follows:

1) A black dish effect alloy with a silver rim made by wolfrace - no spokes, just a big bold black area

2) A set of the new RS4 alloys or

3: A black multi-spoked alloy (about 8spokes or so) with a silver rim

My car is totally silver and black (apart from the side repeaters which are being changed) so i want to keep the wheels in keeping. What are your thoughts? If you visit my Garage you will see the car and how low it is and understand why i dont want to ruin the stance.

Your help is appreciated, merry christmas!

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Can you post any pics of the above wheels chris ??

I would go for the new style RS4 alloys personally ...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not too sure how to post the pics? Has anybody fitted 17's and do they know if it raises the rideheight of the car much?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got 17's on my 96 avant.
Am I being thick...but if you're stepping up you rims and lower sidewalls on the tyres, then the ride height will be unchanged?
I bought mine like this and the only complication I can see would be if your 17/18" rims were wider, then you could catch the inner wings when on full lock.

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
The 18" rims dont catch the sidewall at all on mine,i think there designed to take a bigger alloy not like some other car makes that get this problem when increasing the size !!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Re: Wheels

Hi there i have fitted 235/35/19`s to my car and they fit no problem and side by side to the original 16`s they are near as dam it identicle in height - what you gain in wheel you loose in rubber !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts