Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.

I will soon be collecting my new (to me - actually 4 month old ex-Audi car) 2006 A6. The car has the DVD navigation setup, with a selection for the TV tuner in MMI. However, there is no tuner installed, and I wondered if it is possible to retro-fit the TV tuner, or if there are any after-market items that would do the job.

Not bothered about having the screen displaying when moving, I just wanted the TV option available exactly as it would be if it has been an option fitted to the car originally.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
567 Posts
It is possible, you will need the tv tuner kit, including cables for MOST. Then you will need new antennas and cables to receive a tv signal. Right and left antennas are required for an avant. Finally you need a new control module with fbas connection, this allows the tv picture into the screen when tv is selected.

I have the TV tuner modules and cables for analogue TV or Analogue and Digital (Hybrid TV tuner only fitted in 2006 cars).
I also have one controller module coded for the latest 2120 software for an A6 and it supports TV/DAB/optical parking etc.
What I don't have are any antennas or cables, but these can be bought from germany easily enough.

I'm in the UK by the way and the hybrid TV tuner is only useable in Europe, not the USA or pacific rim.

Craig

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very interested - can you advise approximate costs for all this equipment? In addition, how easy is it to install, is it a professional job, or a home job.

I'm in the UK by the way, with a 2006 car.

Paul

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I see youve posted that you have the under glovebox module with the fbas connector for sale. How much do you want for it?

I actually do not need this unit as I don't want the video input but would like to activate the audio input of the TV Tuner.

I'll expalin..... I have an A6 Avant without TV but with Sat nav etc. I have broken into the RGB going to the MMI screen and have switchable video that works a treat but have to rely on a FM modulator for the Audio.

Bought a TV Tuner module and coded it appropriately thinking the 07 interface module would reconise it, and although report aerial and video errors and have no video would still allow me to switch the av input on to give me an audio input. Alas no joy. Do you know if the existing interface can be modified or coded (Adapted) for it to display the TV tuner installed.

I have VAG-Com to be able to play at will. This unit talks to the TV tuner and lets me code it appropriately but the screen refuses to display a TV tuner present. Fitting an interface with an fbas input works fine.

I would gladly pay for a solution.

Regards David 07836 626133 [email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts