3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Acceleration Hesitation Stutter at low RPM

Hello,

I just fot my first Audi..... :)
A4
Automatic
Purchased with 66K

Everything seems great except that when I first apply pressure to the gas pedal she hesitates or stutters for the first 1500-2000 Rpms… Then She’s great.. She accelerates smoothly through first gear and changes gears and accelerates well through all the rest….

I have searched 30 pages of the forum for similar problems…. ?

I’m not having much luck..

Any Advice and/or Direction really appreciated..

Thanks,
AdaM

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
do u have a 1.8T it might be the lagg but i dont kno about the stutters

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for taking the time.....

Yes, It is a 1.8T.

What does LAG mean? ( I only understand lag in-terms of computer delay...)

Is this somthing I live with or deal with?

Stutters / Hesitation = LAG ? We could be talking about the same thing.

Thanks Again,

AdaM

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
LAg its the period where the turbo create any boost yet so u dont have any real power, the stock turbo reaches stock max boost at about 2300 to 2500 which is about for u 10PSI

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think it is LAG, Because what I'm experincing is somwhere between 1k-1.7k RPms.

As I slowly step on the gas the RPMs begin to increase.... Then the Needle drops to Idel.... Then the Needle jumps back up to the correct RPM in relation to the Gas Pedal.... Then it will drop... and then pop back up..?

After 1.7 / 2k RPMs = no problems or symptoms....?

Makes me think it is related to the pedal... ( sensor ?)

What do you think?

Thanks, AdaM

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
hmmm could be alot of things u should get ur car vag-com which will give u codes that will tell u whats wrong wit ur car

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sounds just like my problem. VAG-COM revealed code for air pump, which covers a broad range of problems. Haven't had it in the shop yet, but current thinking is a pinhole in a line between the pump and the intake system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the vary same problem and the Audi delear in my area after four attempts finally changed the computer interface box (they told me some moisture must have gotton there!!!!) and that solved it. It is now a year and I have not had the problem anymore. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Remove and clean the throttle body,make sure it is spotless the adapt via channel 60.When carbon deposits foul the flap it alters the air flow and is more noticable at cold start low rpm acceleration.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had similar symtoms until I put on a new set of spark plug leads. But you only done 66k, I'm not sure how long they should last

1 - 10 of 10 Posts