Audi Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The AC system on my 1997 Audi A4 quattro 2.8 12v is the single most mysterious system to me. No codes came up after my AC stopped working, so took it into the shop to get a recharge. The techs there had discovered that the compressor itself is no longer working (not engaging). I had them discharge the system in preparation for the replacement.

I haven't found much definitive info on the compressor replacement and imagine that it is more involved than just replacing the compressor itself? Do I need to buy compressor oil? I read somewhere that I should also replace the receiver-drier. True? What about seals? I see that there is an AC cleaning solution available. Should I also do that?

I'd very much appreciate a few tips from anyone who has taken this on. Thank you!

·
Registered
2016 Audi TT
1 Posts
I have a 2016 Audi TT that ran into somewhat the same problem. The AC refused to start and there were no dashboard warnings as well. I took it to the nearest Quick Fit's Audi Service Dubai Workshop for an inspection. They told me that the AC compressor had gas leakage and it needed some minor tweaks to repair the leakage. The dashboard didn't show any signal because the air pressure sensor was also damaged. They replaced it with an OEM sensor and refilled the AC gas with a 50% discount. Now my AC is working perfectly fine even in this sweltering weather of UAE.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts