Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My abs+brake light will come on when I turn on my car along with three chimes. But it doesn't come on every time I start the car. If it comes on and off is it my abs control module or is the sensor?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi.
I have the same problem with my 1998 A4, although the light now stays on almost all the time. I have just had this checked by Audi who tell me it is the ABS Unit. The computer was checked for error codes but none were found. Apparently the braking system will run without any problems - its just the ABS unit which is faulty. I have booked my car in to have a brake fluid change in case there is any debris in the fluid. I have nothing to lose!
I think there are places which will repair the abs unit but have not found one yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi.
I think there are places which will repair the abs unit but have not found one yet.
I can repair these modules for $100. send me an email: sidespar at yahoo dot com

The symptoms are a failure to communicate with VAG-COM and three beeps along with a lit brake light and ABS light.

The affected cars are the:
B5 A4 and S4
C5 A6
D2 A8
B5 Passat

·
Registered
42 Posts
i had the same problem over the summer. i sent it off to get fixed and the company told me nothing was wrong. find a mechanic or dealership who knows what he is doing and they should be able to get the light off with no brake problems.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i had the same problem over the summer. i sent it off to get fixed and the company told me nothing was wrong. find a mechanic or dealership who knows what he is doing and they should be able to get the light off with no brake problems.
95% of the time, the module is broken. Sometimes it's something else, but these modules are poorly designed and all will fail eventually.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts