Audi Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the 2005 a8L has bluetooth as an option which is part of the MMI system. Does anyone know if 2004 models will be offered a system upgrade to accommodate Bluetooth?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by dstife@Feb 22 2005, 12:11 PM
I know the 2005 a8L has bluetooth as an option which is part of the MMI system. Does anyone know if 2004 models will be offered a system upgrade to accommodate Bluetooth?
no there will not be and upgrade the bluetooth has to be factory installed. and watch out because only certain 2005 A8 have bluetooth, some still have on star.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by thebody5@Feb 23 2005, 01:08 PM
no there will not be and upgrade the bluetooth has to be factory installed. and watch out because only certain 2005 A8 have bluetooth, some still have on star.

So there isn't a module that I can purchase to be hooked into the MMI?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes the is a modlue available that plugs into th phone cradle that allows bluetooth use. Motorola makes it for BMW V60 phone cradle and this person changes the programing to work in audi. I am getting ready to order one. available on ebay<DIV style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.5in"><DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.5in"><FONT face=Tahoma size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma">-----Original Message-----
Sent:

·
Registered
12 Posts
After a year of frustration with Audi just got easy solution to phone problem with MMI and OnStar.
Jamie is selling a motorola module that plugs into audi phone cradle. Motorola makes this modlue for BMW with motorola v60 phones to convert to bluetooth. Jamie reprograms them to match Audi A8 system and sell them for $325.00.
Got new motorola Motokrzr phone; plugged in his module, told phone to find it and put in module number, and instantly I have Bluetooth.
No fuss no mess.

Great guy, owns his own A8, so he checks out every module before shipping

Roger Stephens

·
Registered
12 Posts
bluetooth module

Jamie 614-937-0301
[email protected]
paid for it on paypay and he sent me module.

Motorola module that plugs into motorola phone cradle and gets immediate bluetooth. 2004 A8L with onstar
Roger Stephens

·
Registered
3 Posts
Audi Naples ...no help

Did you get the Bluetooth to work. I am dealing with a 2004 A8 from Naples and there seems to be some confusion over the v60 cradle part number. It's either 4E0 862 407B or 8E1 862 407B any idea which one is correct? I did get the BMW "puck" from:
Bimmernav.com Online Store

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm also looking to get a Bluetooth for my Audi A8 (2004). Any information on how I can get a kit for Toronto, Canada? I've emailed Jamie but no reply yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2004 Audi A8L Bluetooth

I'm one of many who is trying to find the real answer on the bluetooth situation. Is there anyone who can give me any hints ?

:confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts