Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the air is on I hear a gurgling water sound in the vents, a bit of water spits out of the front vents, Anyone know what's happening.. Please help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This happened me last week on a 1997 a8. The drain pipes for the condenser were blocked ( leaves etc) and there were 4 pints of water trapped in the coling chamber - I thoughted the air con sys was in trouble. It was a simple fix at my local audi shop with no charge !!!

Alan :) :) :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
:huh:
My 1997 A8 has been doing the same thing. I understand the general problem, but the local dealership here (actually 2 of them, but owned by one) is going to charge a bundle to clear up.

Anyone have any photos of how to clear out the blockage? ...must be quite easy if alana8's dealership did it for free.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for that - terriffic detail !

Last month I changed my 97 4.2 ( 100k miles) for an 01 3.7 ( 48k miles) and after a week of summer driving I found the new car had exactly the same isse. My Audi dealership drains off the water and I assumed all was well but just recently I see its ( hear and feel !) its building up again so this week I at least go to them with these instructions !!

Thanks again,

Alan

P.S Before any body asks - Yes there is a noticable difference between the 4.2 and 3.7 engines - my new car is much more sedate !!! There is a very noticable difference in the 2000 model year face lift so if any body is looking at buying a used A8 make sure you get a facelift version ........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts