Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, this is my first post. i have recently got my first audi after years of vw's i have sorted out the dash lights new discs and pads all round new rear calipers changed the brake fluid new starter motor (what a job). now this is where you all come in , the previous owner has wired the radiator fans with a switch on the dashboard and a couple of relays in the engine compartment. what i need is a wiring diagram and maybe some photos of original wiring so i can return it to original codition and not switch on the fans manualy. many thanks in advance .

·
Registered
74 Posts
did you get sorted john ? i could e-mail you a photo of a schematic of a typical audi cooling/heater blower system from a haynes manual the haynes 100 &A6 wiring is very similar to the coupe
dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi dave, thanks for the reply i have got a haynes manual for audi 80 but its not alot of use, the quality of haynes have gone down over the years. i would scout around breakers yards but 16v audis 80s are rare as hens teeth and i am not sure if all 80s have the same wiring for the radiator fans. ( mine has three wires from the radiator thermoswitch)best wishes john.

·
Registered
74 Posts
the haynes manual i use for the 100&A6 shows three wires on the radiator switch and two fans--but my 94 coupe 16v has only 2 wires and one big fan!!

i think audi made the coupes out of all the spares they had laying around the factory at the time, some bits are the same as the 80 series some parts are the same as the 90 series and some from the early A4/A6!!!!!!!and just for good measure the odd bit from the 100 series and when the ran out they chucked a few VW golf bits in too--hence i have got the haynes manuals for all them!! i wish haynes done a specific manual for the coupe

good luck in getting it sorted

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by 16V@Jan 25 2006, 09:25 PM
the haynes manual i use for the 100&A6 shows three wires on the radiator switch and two fans--but my 94 coupe 16v has only 2 wires and one big fan!!

i think audi made the coupes out of all the spares they had laying around the factory at the time, some bits are the same as the 80 series some parts are the same as the 90 series and some from the early A4/A6!!!!!!!and just for good measure the odd bit from the 100 series and when the ran out they chucked a few VW golf bits in too--hence i have got the haynes manuals for all them!! i wish haynes done a specific manual for the coupe

good luck in getting it sorted

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oops,sorry pressed the wrong button. my 16v is a saloon with two electric fans i will see if i can find a audi 100 to look at. i think mine came was built out of the left over bits box as its one of the last prefacelift . i do have a haynes for vw passat that covers the engine (well almost) a 9a vw call it audi call it 6a i will dig that out to see if that covers the wiring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts