Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys n gals, just saying hello with a problem, i've had my 96 A8 for about 4 months now, and i love it, however whilst driving the other month the car just decided to loose all power and not respond to the throttle, coming to a standstill and idle for a while, then it stalled. i'm an engineer so these things dont really phase me, so i got stuck in, i took the fuel pump out and it works at over 2bar, checked for spark it does, and had it on the vag 1551 test machine which comes up with no faults, i changed the fuel filter, relays etc and still the car will not run, please help if anyone's got any ideas as the cars been off the road for about a month and a half

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi I have a 2.8 v6 I have precisely the same problem everything works but no start, she has been at an auto electritian for almost a week now. I thein you must check your cam sensor, at the back of the one side of the engine's v bank gor ant loose wires. Also chech your power end chip. I will send you a picture later to help you. It can't be your cam belt because you would've came to a halt in a matter of seconds. hope you get thing sorted out . An Audi is not made to stand still.
Corne

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
me and a mate managed to get the a8 goin, i've run it for several days and i'ts just packed up again, the engine just lost complete power and didn't respond to throttle, idled for a while then stalled. its definitely fuel delivery or pressure related, it's in the garage at the moment and they're doin a fuel pressure check, and hopefully this will fix the problem. i'm still thinking dodgy fuel pump but we'll have to wait and see , will keep you posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts